mapIT was established in 2002, providing digital map data to the local market. The successes in South Africa enabled us to expand our coverage and we are now the leading provider of comprehensive maps of Sub-Saharan Africa.
The consistency, innovation and accuracy of our digital mapping activities in Sub-Saharan Africa, and subsequent expansion into Africa, attracted the interest of TomTom Africa(Pty) Ltd, the world's most trusted source of digital maps. TomTom Africa (Pty) Ltd has integrated mapIT's extensive mapping data into their global database and enhanced it using their sophisticated and innovative technology, so we are able to provide our clients with map data of international standards, resulting in a superior end-product.
To be the leading international digital mapping partner throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
Together with TomTom Africa, Times Media Group and partners, mapIT will establish innovative and comprehensive suites of digital mapping platforms to position itself as the leading international enabler of accurate location based solutions throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
mapIT recognises that we have both a direct and indirect impact on the communities in which we operate. Our Foundation focuses on how we can use our services and products to impact in a positive way. To view our Foundation projects click here.
Times Media Group, owns a 51% share of mapIT through New Holland Publishing and TomTom Africa (Pty) Ltd owns the remaining 49%.
mapIT is a division of the New Holland Publishing Group along with MapStudio, which is the leading publisher of printed maps and guides in South Africa.
Recently announced, mapIT's exclusive distribution with foremost LBS provider, deCarta, the leading independent enabler of location-based services for mobile network operators, mobile device OEMs and local media companies.
Working at the forefront of digital mapping with shareholders Tom Tom and Times Media Group, along with licensed partners and deCarta, mapIT is uniquely positioned to offer services to the advertising, mobile and online markets.